Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Practicality v. me

i am in this part of my life where one choice would determine my life.. what lies ahead... my happiness or loneliness...

or am i just being too dramatic?

in the less serious sense.. i realized that to work immediately after passing the board exam is what is normal... what everybody expects of me... what usually should be done... "the normal pattern"...   now to my way of thinking, if i'd want things to change, i'd have to do things i've never done before.. things that deviate from what's normal.. and in a way, is not practical... i've decided, therefore to work as a youth worker... not much salary offered compared to when i work using the degree i got in college. i knew at the start that this would be hard... there would be many oppositions... but that's what adventure is all about right? ;)

further into the matter.. my family and relatives are against this decision of mine.. i believe they are too worried about financial matters that they forget to realize how blessed they are. they fail to realize that this decision of mine is actually a very big blessing, not only for me, but also for the people i'll be serving and most especially for them... i don't know but they seem to be so focused on the short-term problems that they tend to overlook the recurring problems in our society today.. Reaching out to youth, my job, in a way, is actually repairing our damaged society.. these youth will be the leaders of the next generation.. because one of the most important points life has taught me is that life is more than just survival.. life is about "have you really lived life according to how you were designed?" now people may think that i am only saying this because i have no family of my own, i have no children who depend on me and my salary or whatever.. but i am saying this because the things that are not obvious are actually the things that should be practiced and should be done... selflessness... love... service... the "others-first" mentality...

sometimes, we need to shake things up a bit to really see the things that truly matter... i doubt if they're even "things"


No comments:

Post a Comment