Thursday, February 12, 2015

POst 1 of #CelebrateGoodness

i was with my sister buying something at a plaza the other day.. after paying for the item we bought, i hurriedly and carelessly put the change in the pocket of my bag when my sister blurted, "keep your money securely"...

Later that day, i was at the mall buying some pens.. i paid them at the counter and again hurriedly kept my change inside my bag when the cashier lady advised me to count my change... i counted the change, mindlessly placed them in my bag and thanked her.. i immediately waited for a ride home... i was just going into the jeepney when somebody was touching me.. i thought it was just another impatient passenger trying to ride the jeepney i am about to board.. i looked behind me to see a middle-aged, thin man asking me if something was mine.. i looked at what he was holding and realized that he was holding the 450peso-change the cashier gave me just a moment ago.. i was shocked but i was able to let out a little thank you and a little smile... i hurriedly went inside the jeep and took a seat while the man went on waiting for his ride... i was embarrassed at him, at the people who witnessed my carelessness... then i realized, i haven't even thanked him enough... thinking again about the incident.. i was more and more amazed by what that man has done.. that was easy money, you know.. the "finders, keepers" philosophy... but he chose to go a little out of his way to return something that belonged to me.. he chose to shove away temptation.. he chose to be honest... he deserved my salutation even if i didn't deserve his kindness...

i realized that even though God is generous, He wants to tell me to take care of even these money matters... more importantly, through my sister, the cashier lady and the honest man, God tells me that He is watching over me.. :)

i hope i have learned my lesson..  thank You, Father for teaching me in the sweet way.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment