Thursday, July 2, 2015

Reposted from Ryan Borja Capitulo

As a Lay Catholic, this is MY OWN interpretation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church 2357, 2358 and 2359. (Disclaimer: I am a student of my faith. I am neither a theologian nor an exegete.)

1. As a person struggling with homosexuality, I should live a chaste life. I am called to chastity and purity just like everyone else. I cannot have an intimate relationship with another man (lifelong partner, boyfriend, domestic partner, etc.) because "homosexual acts" will most likely be involved. #WalangForeverWithAnotherMan #MayForeverWithJESUS

2. I don't have to be heterosexual (ewww...hindi ko keri!). As a person struggling with homosexuality, I will be "accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity" by the Catholic Church. But I will do my part and be obedient to Church teachings.

3. I cannot get married because the Sacrament of Matrimony is a covenant insituted by GOD between a man and a woman. (Catechism 1601)

4. By GOD's grace, I should strive to "gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection" even as a person struggling with homosexuality. I have decided to live a celibate life of single blessedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment