Saturday, July 4, 2015

If I were a boy…

If I were a boy, I’d try to be a real gentleman, you know. Cause boys these days are, I don’t know, maybe a little bit insensitive that girls also need a little bit of courtliness. Aaaargh!! I don’t know why… is the world really that full of people with “me-first” mentality?? Not that girls would want to be perceived as individuals who are weak, but as experienced, a little act gentlemanliness goes a long way in the history of kindness and in the hearts of people they’ve touched.

I remember my classmate, Andrei, even when he already had a girlfriend, whenever we’re together and we’d cross the street, he always lets me walk with him only on the safe side of the street. See? Even with the ragged and untidy girl that I am, Andrei dealt with me in a gentlemanly manner, not to show off but to serve.

Even Papa is a gentleman. Although he’s almost a senior citizen, he’d always let me ride the jeepney first before him. (Although he could also be a drag sometimes.. hihihi..)

And then there are these boys who stand up and give their sits for ladies, during bus rides or during Eucharistic masses, or in coferences.. Thank you. :)

And then there was my ex-crush, my team-mate in debate (regarding who should be our national hero, Rizal or Bonifacio). I was seated on the wrong seat for the debate proper. I don’t know why but I sat next to him.. Hahahaha! Then he told me to transfer about three chairs away because we had to follow a certain seating arrangement. And then while I was transferring my notes to my supposed seat, I was shocked that he also followed me with my not-so-heavy bags in his hands.. Oh wow!! My heart almost melted. I didn’t exactly need his assistance but he still did it anyway.. Hahaha! And because of that, I really admired him. :)

I digress.

I hope boys would not only be gentlemen whenever they’re comfortable doing it, I hope they’d still do it even when it takes another mile for them out of their comfort zones to do it.. And I hope they’d do it not only for the girls they like, but even for young and old girls alike, not to mention not-so-attractive girls.

Point is, being gentlemanly builds good character. I hope many boys practice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment