Friday, December 29, 2023

November 20-24

Returning for duty after my October jiu-jitsu competition, i was informed by my workmates and my boss that i and Kiri shall be participating in the Calibration training on November 21-24 in BRS, Quezon City and that i shall request for a practical examination schedule for Laboratory Technicians Certification from BRS. I was thinking: "Wow i shall be going to BRS for the first time! This is going to be fun!!" However, i was also thinking i had to brace myself because additional training meant additional responsibility.

We arrived in Manila November 20, Monday. Seminar starts Tuesday so we had time that day to settle in BRS quarters and to explore Intramuros. I've been to Intramuros in 2014 before while we were taking our refresher course for the chemical engineering board exam. But Quenny and i weren't able to explore it fully. What i can't forget about our trip there was the WW II Memorial Shrine in Fort Santiago. It hit me that this famous tourist spot was actually also a prison cell, and that Kiri and i were stepping on the prisoners' grave yard. Entering the underground cell felt very eerie and i got scared. I can only imagine the worst for the prisoners. It was the first time i felt this visiting a tourist spot. But of course my feeling doesnt matter that much. I believe what's more important now is that we make sure that if this ever happens in the present, we do something about it.

 

It was also a bit saddening that the National Museum was closed on Mondays. Actually almost all museums were closed on Mondays. It was our original plan to go to National Museum. But it turned out just fine because Intramuros had so much in store for us, and yes, that included sad and traumatic memories of the past.

Tuesday. Seminar started. We met new friends. Unlike here in Davao where office hours begin at 8am and end at 5pm, in BRS office hours is from 7am to 4pm. Early to begin and early to end to avoid heavy traffic. On that first day the seminar ended real early. We had time to go to National Museum!! Yeyy! Kiri specifically wanted to see the Spoliarium. It was really something. According to Wikipedia, Juan Luna spent 8 months completing the painting which depicts "dying gladiators". I'd personally get lost looking at the entire artwork of Luna. I could stare at it for hours but i haven't got the luxury of time. I still had to train jiu-jitsu at PLM afterwards. 


In the museum, i had a cute, so to speak, experience with a guy. Hahaha! Kiri was on the 2nd floor whilst i was exploring the 3rd. I heard classical music playing from the floor above me so i followed it. From the balcony i saw people sitting on chairs but they are not moving at all. So i thought they were probably manequins. I stared at a guy for a long time to really check if he is alive or not. I think he saw me staring because he finally moved and laughed. Embarrased, i just ran back to the hall and escape that moment. Hahaha!

Anyway.... 

With the Joyride app, i travelled via motorcycle to Ortigas to train at PLM. It was super crazy because i think i arrived almost 7pm and the session ends at 7.30!! But thankfully the main instructor, sir Eggy extended the sparring session. I was the only girl that night, which is not unusual in a male-dominated sports. I was reallyyyyyyyyyyyy happy because i stopped training for a while because i got cold and was also injured but was able to train now in Luzon!! And also a first time for me!! Isn't that great???? I got beaten up by guys and that's okay. Like hey, this is what i came for!! HAHAHAHA! 


I went home to BRS and ate my dinner, contented and smiling the entire time.

Wednesday. Seminar continued. Because i spent so much the past days, i just stayed in the quarters and had a peaceful night.

Thursday. Final day for lectures. I had a crush by the way, sir Joshua. He's a bit cute and smart as well. i also like sir Albert. He's cute and huggable. Hehe. Anyway, Kiri, I, ma'am Chris and sir James had dinner at a ramen restaurant. It was so expensive there but their salmon is really tasty. I was inspired to cook salmon too in Davao.

Friday. Exam day. Seminar graduation day. This was also the day we travel back to Davao.

No comments:

Post a Comment