Wednesday, December 27, 2023

August 26 2023


My 1st jiu-jitsu competition in Davao.

My 1st competition for this year.

My 1st competition as a blue belt.

I lost but still there's a lot to be thankful for!!!!

Thank you, Pa, Ma, K and K.

Thanks Balolen sa rashguard. I forgot my Dojo.82 rashguard at home apparently. Thanks for braiding my hair.

Salamat to all my relatives and frieeeeeeends. 

Thank you, my workmates in QAHD and bosses for the support. Thanks Dea and Pat for dropping by. 🀣❤

Shoutout to my opponent, Atchi. She's sooo good, not to mention she's still a white belt.

Of course, thank you supeeeeerrrrrr, to my beloved and super generous coaches and teammates at Dojo 82 at F. Torres. Thank you for your time juuud. You've taught me a lot and I know there are a lot to correct in my game. Bawi lang ko next comp. Thank you organizers of #DavaoJiuJitsuCrawl2023 Kyle and Kyle including all volunteers!!! Thank you so muuuch  madam JAI YU our super amazing lady coach!!!!!! We love youuuu. 

Thank you so much for the sponsors of this event. Im so blessed to be able to participate.

Thank you to all jiu-jitsu teams in and out of Davao for making this event possible. Next year uliiit.

Thank you sa support and prayers, Saint Blaise Chorale and JCI Duwaling. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Thank you to our mimings at home and in heaven. We love you. #AdoptDontShop po tayo. 😺😽😻

Thank you, Ffion Eira Davies and Taylor Swift. #August #SaltAir

THANK YOU LORD FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!! 

AMDG! πŸ’•

P.S. Congrats to my fellow competitors. So proud and happy for you Sanchiaaaaa on your first jiu-jitsu competition eveerrrrr!!!


Now for the quiet part, Reflections:


Honestly, i got really sad about having lost my one and only match, and my first in my hometown. What's worse, i, a blue belt, got defeated by a white belt. No offense to Atchi but i really questioned my skills: am i even worthy of my belt? Did i get promoted by mistake? :( But then again, if i question my belt rank i would be questioning the decision of our professor, a black belt, for promoting me. So i, at that point, felt like i disappointed my coaches and professors. Feeling like i didn't meet their expectations.

It was quite hard going back to Dojo to train again because i also felt like i let my teammates down real bad. But then again, i had no choice but to go back training jiu-jitsu, i love it so much i just can't say no to it.

P.S. Photos courtesy of The Black Mountain Manifest

No comments:

Post a Comment