Friday, August 21, 2015

i was opening my Bible to read the the responsorial Psalm for the day (August 20, 2015) - Psalm 40. i haven't started reading when i stared blankly at the pale blue wall across me. My thoughts were running and i began recalling the movie i recently watched with my friends - a movie about love. i thought about how my batchmates already had boyfriends.. heheh.. And how, i thought it would be so easy to find one, once you have an outgoing personality and once you really involve yourself in a situation where you could find one.. like in a party, or whatever..

but then suddenly, a whispering voice spoke to me in my mind, "Wait on the Lord." Then i remembered i had a Psalm to read..

Psalm 40
Gratitude and Prayer for Help

i waited, waited for the Lord;
Who bent down and heard my cry,
Drew me out of the pit of destruction,
Out of the mud of the swamp,
Set my feet upon rock,
Steadied my steps, 
And put a new song in my mouth,
A hymn to our God.
Many shall look on in awe
And they shall trust the Lord.

Somehow, sometimes, we may feel like we've been left behind by the pace of mankind.. How everything is moving too fast and we are left in some isolation to wait for something.. Be it exam results, allowance, salary, jobs, holidays, or people.. It is like we had to speed up things because it is more exciting or more practical that way... Even so, even if our practical minds tell us to work things up, we have to trust our Creator. Because there are things in life that are best left in His hands. And some things work best if they aren't hurried up. That is why, we need to always pray, because it is by communicating with the Lord that we are allowing ourselves to be more in tune with His will and with His plans for us.. :)

Reading the Psalm, we learn that there is beauty in waiting.. When we wait on the Lord, we do not wait in vain.. Out of some dark pit or unending night, we are drawn up, we are put into the day.. God will show us the way, the direction. And He will put a new song into our mouths.. Not the sad song we used to sing in our solitude, but now a song of hope and joy and bliss! :) and it does not stop there -because we waited on the Lord, many will witness the faithfulnes of the Lord to His promises. And many shall trust the Lord again or for the first time... Isn't it awesome? :) 

So i sing.. When it feels like my dreams are so far, sing to me all the plans that You have for me over again.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment