Tuesday, May 13, 2014

As a child, my sister had the opportunity to go to Manila. But i'm very glad she never got there.

When i was about 8 years old, my sister was 6, and our younger brother was 2. We were close playmates and i was more than happy to know that soon we'd be going to school together in the same academy. However, one dreadful news cut into our happy moments.

My sister, was thin, jolly, but quite fragile. She was a dancer. But she suddenly got sick. Many days passed but her fever never left her. We soon found out that she had some kind of heart sickness (whatever that was called). Eventually, the doctors advised my parents to travel to Manila to avail to a more advanced heart operation for my sister.

My father's parents, however, had a much more agreeable solution for my sister - faith! They know of a person who through God's gift was able to heal people of their sicknesses and health problems. Ultimately, my sister, after attending to healing sessions of the healer, was able to regain her strength and vitality. We were taught how to pray and we faithfully prayed the rosary every night. Later on, to be sure of her being well, tests and scans had been done on her heart, but they all showed negative results. It's as if a new heart had been replaced to the rejected one. And i know only one who could give the replacement - Jesus! ;)

Now, she's turning 20, very much alive, artistic and still a dancer! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment